(866) 238-9868 OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK

2-5 day FREE & DISCREET SHIPPING on all orders

4.9 stars 4.9 | 4,500+ Verified Buyers

Bed Bugs in the bathroom

What method and products should be used for treating the bathroom?

Hello, and welcome to our forum.

First off, let’s make absolutely sure that you are dealing with bed bugs before you attempt treatment. It is exceedingly rare, and very unlikely, for bed bugs to be in a bathroom. I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered such a case, and bugs spotted in the bathroom usually end up being something other than a bed bug.

To confirm your suspicion of bed bugs in your bathroom, perhaps you can get one of the bugs on camera and reply with a picture so that we can see what you’re dealing with.

I will send a picture. I’m not sure how to do it on this forum.

Why though, would this be unusual if the bathroom is close to an infested bedroom?

There are a couple reasons why it’s very unlikely that you’ll find bed bugs in a bathroom, no matter how close it is to the bedroom.

First, bed bugs hang out near their host so that they have easy access to their next blood meal. Since there’s (hopefully) nobody sleeping in the bathroom, bed bugs don’t have any incentive to go in there.

Also, bed bugs don’t like traversing certain surfaces. Porcelain and ceramic is often too slick for bed bugs to climb on, and bathrooms tend not to have many hiding places that are accessible to them.

It’s out of focus, but this was on my bathroom floor.

That could be a bed bug, but I can’t say for sure due to how out of focus the picture is. In any case, you need to treat the rooms near the bathroom in addition to the bathroom itself. Check out our 4-step solution, which is primarily for bedrooms. You can use the vacuum, steamer, and sprays mentioned in those steps to treat your bathroom at the same time.

Josh, we must disagree as we have found several in our bathrooms. Roommate even caught one climbing up his ankle while sitting on commode. They will go where ever the blood meal can be found.

1 Like

Is this a bedbug? It was found in the bathroom.

Hello, and welcome to our forum. That’s definitely an adult bed bug, so you’ll want to start a full treatment right away. Here is a link to our recommended treatment solution: http://www.bedbugsupply.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-in-4-steps.html