(866) 238-9868 OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK

2-5 day FREE & DISCREET SHIPPING on all orders

4.9 stars 4.9 | 4,500+ Verified Buyers

Bed Bugs or Mosquitos

Hi everyone! I am hoping this will save me from another “I slept 4 hours from paranoia” night. So Sunday I was out on a farm with a ton of mosquitos biting everyone, However Monday I wasn’t itchy, but Tuesday afternoon, I started itching like crazy, and noticed about 15 bites on my legs, and three or so on my arms. I thought they are spread out enough to be “random” but they do look a bit linear and there’s one or two spots where there’s two clustered together. I combed through my sheets (have a protective mattress pad.) I noticed maybe two tiny orangish spots on my bedding, but not brown/red/black color. I looked along the seams of the mattress after unzipping the cover and only found one brown spot along an entire solid chunk of one corner of the bed. I didn’t notice any of the shells, but maybe I didn’t look hard enough. Is this a delayed mosquito bite reaction and my paranoia is kicking in, or could they be bed bugs?

I forgot to mention that I did find two bugs in my bed (not surprised in general since my windows (with screens on) are open 24/7 for summer heat. One was long and skinny and kind of translucent. The other was black but had a longer body than I imagine a bed bug has (I think of bed bugs as shaped like a tick would be). Also thought about fleas… but no house Pets.

Those could be bed bug bites, but there’s no way for me to know for sure. They look like bed bug bites, but they also look like mosquito bites, spider bites, allergic reactions… you get the idea. Check out this article on how to inspect for bed bugs in your home.